Our Cleveland office seeks to hire a full-time experienced Legal Secretary/Paralegal for its litigation practice. Ideal candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of legal secretary and paralegal experience working with Ohio case law. The choice candidate must be savvy with transcription and other desktop and web based software, highly motivated, extremely organized, detailed and work well with others. Having familiarity with insurance defense is a plus and having a Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification is preferred.
Our Cleveland office is located in an easily accessible office building near I-90 in Westlake with free parking with close proximity to banks, restaurants, and shopping.
- Assist attorneys with case management (scheduling, managing files and court documents, dockets, organizing files for trial, making phone calls and arrangements, etc.)
- Calendar deadlines (appointments, notices of deposition and hearings, other filings, etc.)
- Answer/transfer/take messages and place calls—effectively and professionally communicate with clients, outside counsel, court personnel, etc.
- Responsible for entering data using CLIO practice management software
- Filing: Inner-office documents; local court and recorder’s filings and serving on opposing counsel (electronically, by fax or by mail)
- Draft basic pleadings such as notices
- Setup new files (includes preparing file folders, updating client databases, etc.)
- Manage and organize files and update client database as required
- Prepare correspondence
- General copying/scanning and emailing of documents as needed
- Drafting summaries of depositions, medical records
- Preparing basic form pleadings, ie. affidavits, motions to continue, motions for leave, etc.
- Drafting summary and organization of discovery responses received
- Production of documents in discovery
- Limited legal research; ability to use online research tools such as Westlaw, etc.
- Research of and liaison to experts, including IME letters, finding experts, etc.
We offer a competitive salary package including optional health, dental, life, 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Qualified candidates meeting these requirements may send your cover letter, current resume and references to:
Renee Garner, Firm Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org