David W. Orlandini
Dave believes that establishing trust is the most important characteristic of a good relationship. That is why he works hard to create and nurture strong bonds of trust with his clients and colleagues. As such, Dave works closely with his clients to analyze their case early and together to successfully resolve their litigation.
Throughout Dave’s career he has represented clients in almost every state court in Ohio and arbitrated before the American Arbitration Association. Participating in more than 30 trials, countless arbitration hearings and mediations, the majority of Dave’s practice is as defense counsel for insurance companies, their insureds, manufacturers, trucking companies, railroads, utility companies, landlords, small business owners, general contractors and subcontractors in such trades as plumbing, HVAC, masonry, concrete, roofing, electrical, excavation, paving, framing, and geothermal. In fact, Dave’s peers have designated him a “Super Lawyer” since 2012 for his expertise in handling Construction, Real Estate and Environmental litigation throughout Ohio. In 2020, he was also honored to be included on the list of Best Lawyers in America® for construction law.
In 2018, Dave received his certification from the Litigation Management Institute (LMI). LMI is the first certification program specifically designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the business of litigation management. The program is designed to bridge the gap between legal theory and litigation strategy, and the business aspects of litigation management.
When Dave isn’t working, he spends time with his family and friends. To relax, Dave enjoys playing golf and tennis, going to the movies, riding roller coasters, and watching baseball.
Find out more about: Practice Areas Education Memberships Publications Presentations Awards Recognitions
Publications & Presentations
- Employee Participation Programs: How To Make Them Work In The Twenty-First Century, Capital University Law Review (1995).
- Case Law Update on Employer Intentional Torts at the OACTA 2015 Employment Law Seminar
- Ethical Issues Surrounding Cloud Storage and a Review of the Tri-Partite Relationship for Insurance Defense Counsel at the Insurance Staff Counsel Seminar, Ohio State Bar Association (2015).
- Current Trends in use of Expert Testimony During Discovery and at Trial at the Insurance Staff Counsel Seminar, Ohio State Bar Association (2014).
- As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Civil Litigation, NBI, Inc. (2013).
- Construction Defect Litigation at the Insurance Staff Counsel Seminar, Ohio State Bar Association (2013).
- Litigating the Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claim, NBI, Inc. (2011).
- What Civil Judges Want to Know, NBI, Inc. (2010).
- Advanced Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Law, NBI, Inc. (2009).
- Insurance Coverage Litigation, NBI, Inc. (2008).
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury: Practice Tips and Application, NBI, Inc. (2007, 2008).
- How To Get Evidence & Your Expert Testimony Admitted into Court, NBI, Inc. (2007).
- Settling Uninsured Motorist Claims, NBI, Inc. (2006, 2008, 2010).
- Keys to Successful Pre-Trial Preparation in Ohio, NBI, Inc. (2005).
- A Practical Refresher on Litigating the Ohio Auto Injury Case, NBI, Inc. (2005).
- UM/UIM Update and Attorney Client Privilege, NBI, Inc. (2004).
- Annual Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association Meeting (2004).
- Tort Reform, Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association Winter Meeting (2003).
- Trial Preparation From Start to Finish for Ohio Paralegals, IPE, Inc. (2003).
- Keys to Effective Expert Witness Examination in Ohio, NBI, Inc. (2003).
- Your Witness: Finding, Preparing and Using Your Expert Witness in Federal Court, NBI, Inc. (2003).
- Winning Your First Civil Trial in Ohio, NBI, Inc. (2002).
- Advanced Civil Discovery for the Litigation Paralegal in Ohio, IPE, Inc. (2001, 2002).
- Advanced Legal Drafting for Ohio Paralegals, IPE, Inc. (2000, 2001, 2003).
- Litigation Management Series: How to Draft an Answer, Columbus Bar Association (2000).
- Litigation Management Series: Voir Dire and Effective Examination, Columbus Bar Association (2000).
Awards & Recognitions
United States District Court Northern and Southern District
United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
United States Supreme Court
David W. Orlandini, Partner
655 Metro Place South, Suite 200
Dublin, OH 43017