Evan J. Palik
Evan has over 30 years of trial experience where he has defended clients in wrongful death and serious personal injury cases involving automobile and truck accidents, product liability, premises liability, and employer intentional torts. Evan is particularly proud of successfully arguing on appeal that Ohio’s apportionment statute permits jurors to consider the fault of all entities, including employers, ensuring that a defendant at trial is only held responsible for its conduct, and not the conduct of others.
Evan is a walking encyclopedia of Ohio sports trivia. He defies you to ask a question that he cannot answer. Sounds like a challenge! And yes, he actually was at Len Barker’s perfect game.
Evan is originally from Lyndhurst, Ohio and currently lives in Bath, Ohio with his wife, Maryanne and little dog, Milo. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, hiking, and traveling.
Find out more about: Practice Areas Representative Cases Education & Memberships Admission Contact Info
- Fisher v. Beazer East, 8th District No. 99662, 2013-Ohio-5251;
- Werts v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 8th District No. 91403, 2009-Ohio-2581;
- Bartel v. John Crane Inc., 316 F. Supp.2d 603 (N.D. Ohio, 2004)
- Lindstrom v. A-C Product Liability Trust, 424 F. 3d 488 (6th Cir. 2005)
Education & Memberships
- J.D., University of Akron School of Law, 1985
- B.S., Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, 1982 – Business Administration
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association Foundation (Fellow)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
United States District Court Northern and Southern District
United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
Evan J. Palik, Partner
520 S. Main Street, Suite 2551
Akron, Ohio 44311