Our Dublin, Ohio office is looking to hire a full-time, experienced paralegal for its busy defense litigation practice. Preferred candidates should have a minimum of 5 years current experience working as a paralegal with Ohio cases. Candidates should be proficient with online legal research, web-based software applications and have advanced skill with MS Word, Excel and PDF editing. Candidates must have paralegal training, thoroughly understand the litigation process, be highly motivated, detailed and organized. Having familiarity with insurance defense is a plus. Familiarity and experience with the collection, assessment, and summarization of discovery (including medical documentation) is crucial. This position involves supporting a team of attorneys and a busy docket.
Preferred Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years prior Paralegal experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Paralegal Certification/Accreditation from a professional organization preferred.
- Advanced technical/computer skills to include MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF editor, Clio and Google Workspace a plus.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Procedure and detail oriented.
- Outstanding time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed.
- Completing preliminary drafts of legal documents such as complaints, answers, Subpoenas, motions, discovery requests, discovery responses, affidavits and other documents as required for review by attorneys.
- Reviewing, organizing, and summarizing discovery as it is received. This includes the ability to summarize both medical treatment records and medical billing information.
- Investigating facts of case and preparing summaries, including medical summaries for attorney.
- Tracking and procurement of HIPAA authorizations, medical records, and medical billing information.
- Familiarity with the filing systems and local rules of Central Ohio court systems.· Organizing and archiving documents related to completed and ongoing cases.
- Assisting in trial preparation including preparing exhibits and trial binders.
- Coordinating and scheduling witness and experts for depositions and trials.
- Communicating with clients via email and phone.
- Calendaring appointments and court dates.
- Tracking and Billing for their time.
- E-filing with multiple courts.
- Managing multiple projects and following up to ensure deadlines are met.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Our Dublin office is located in a beautiful complex near Dublin’s Bridge Street District with free parking, on-site fitness club and cafe with close proximity to banks, restaurants, and shopping.
Starting salary will depend upon level of experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Candidates meeting requirements should submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org