Collins Roche Utley & Garner LLC (CRUG), one of Ohio’s leading defense firms with a diversified litigation practice seeks to hire a full-time experienced Legal Secretary for its Dublin, Ohio office. This high-responsibility position involves supporting several attorneys and is perfect for a highly detailed and organized person with excellent oral and written communication skills. Ideal candidates must have 3+ years legal support experience, be savvy with technology, highly motivated and work well in a team environment. Having familiarity with insurance defense is a plus and having a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Assist attorneys with case management (scheduling appointments, pulling files, pulling court documents, check dockets, organizing files for trial, making phone calls, etc.)
- Calendar deadlines (appointments, notices of deposition and hearings, other filings, etc.)
- Answer/transfer/take messages and place calls—effectively and professionally communicate with clients, outside counsel and court personnel
- Responsible for entering data using CLIO practice management software
- Filing: Inner-office documents; local court and recorder’s filings and serving on opposing counsel (electronically, by fax or by mail)
- Draft basic pleadings such as notices
- Setup new files (includes preparing file folders, updating client databases, etc.)
- Manage and organize files and update client database as required
- Prepare correspondence
- General copying/scanning and emailing of documents as needed
We offer comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, 401(k) and other benefits. Our office is located in a beautiful office building near downtown Dublin with free parking, on-site fitness club and deli with close proximity to banks, restaurants, and shopping.
Qualified Candidates meeting requirements may send your cover letter, resume and references to:
Renee Garner, Firm Administrator at email@example.com